Sunday, April 4, 2010

Red Rocks State Park and Sedona Chapel


Sights between Phoenix and Lake Powell. This was Red Rocks State Park near Sedona.

I really like this picture.

The Visitor Center had this sign "How to Drive in a Roundabout." Chris and I found this informational sign really funny... because we drive in Roundabouts all the time. But I'm glad they have this sign for the tourists who don't live in a county full of roundabouts.
Chapel of the Holy Cross in Sedona

"This Chapel is tall..."

Inside the Chapel was beautiful.

Outside the Chapel

I really like this picture too.

A cool flowering cactus.

The view as we're driving away.

We drove through forest fire.
Okay, it was a controlled burn... but it was in a forest, thus a forest fire. These were the firemen.

A scenic overlook.

On the road again.

"Is that really where we're headed?"

Just kidding, but it does kind of look like that's what I'm thinking.
More adventures to come.
image signature

2 comments:

  1. looks like an awesome time!

    I was in that chapel 14 years ago!! our family took a trip and made sure to stop and see the sedona chapel :) Thanks for bringing back the memories of that trip.

    hope you had a blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adventure...I am a little jealous!
    Blessings, andrea

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.