Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Wedding Presents... To Each Other

Chris and I recently exchanged wedding presents on a romantic dinner date at Fricano's in downtown Muskegon. When the owner of the place saw that we had wrapped gifts to exchange, he guessed that we were celebrating our one-year wedding anniversary. Chris said "You're a year off." Owner said, "Oh, two year anniversary!" And we said... "Nope, Zero Anniversary. We're getting married in two weeks!" :-D
Chris gave me a sweet picture frame that says "You are my forever, loved you then... love you still, always have... always will." He put a picture in the frame of one of our first dates with a stack of pictures under the first one from our entire courtship to display in the frame as time goes on. He also gave me an Owners Guide to Labrador Retrievers... because, later this summer, he is getting me a Black Lab Puppy! I was VERY SURPRISED and we are SOOO excited!
I gave him a really nice hunting knife that is two knives in one. It's kind of hard to explain, but he really liked it. Also, I gave him a sponsored child through Compassion International. He is a 3-year-old little boy named Juma who lives in Tanzania and I told Chris, he will be the first child the Lord uses our marriage to positively affect. Hopefully, he will be the first of many.
image signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.