Thursday, October 14, 2021

Just Fun

 Words really fall short in describing how much fun we had in Vail last weekend.  It is my favorite place in the world, with my favorite people in the world and we just got to take a minute to breathe together, and laugh together, and press pause on life together for a few days.

I can't wait to go back, but until that time, I am going to think back on last weekend frequently.

As a mom, I always love my children, and I often tell them that they are my favorite people, and adventures with them are my favorite things to do... but I'm still the mom.  I am constantly worried, constantly watching, constantly planning, constantly anticipating.  I love adventures with my children, but they can be incredibly stressful depending on where we are and how many outside factors I am trying to mitigate.

Our time in Vail was just FUN.

It wasn't the busy season up there, so there were less people and with that, less worry.  The weather was cool, but beautiful, which means everyone stayed warm in a jacket or sweatshirt without the need for hats and mittens.  I still worried, I still had to anticipate needs, and I was still constantly watching, but there was enough comfort in the setting that I just got to relax and have FUN with my family instead of stress with my family.

Here are some pictures of our wonderful weekend getaway:



























































No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.