Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Future Window

 A few weeks ago our twins were home doing a virtual school quarantine.  One of their classmates tested positive for covid, and this was before the district required masks on students (now masks are required to try to reduce the need for quarantines).

Howard and Caroline have had several exposures to virtual schooling for over a year-and-a-half (since April 2020).  They have done virtual schooling for various quarantine periods for preschool, pre-kindergarten, and they watched Tracey do it as a kindergartener and first grader.  I'll be honest, I was pretty impressed with how well my twins did with it for the couple of days it was required.

During the time my twins were home for virtual learning, they both had runny noses and minor coughs, and when that happens at our house, I give the kids hot green tea with honey and lemon (it works SOO well!). Most of the children don't especially like it, but they drink it and they know it helps make their throat and their coughs better.

So, here  was my Caroline, as a kindergarten in a virtual class meeting with her morning tea next to her.  She looked so grown up and independent, I felt like I was given a window in the future -- her future.


I don't know what path the Lord has for Caroline, but there's a chance she'll be in virtual meetings with her morning coffee... and I got to see it here twenty years in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.