Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Three and Three

 I was shocked with Brady was a boy.  We had three girls in three pregnancies in a row (with Howard thrown in there as a twin)... then we got Hunter, who was a much prayed-for little brother for Howard... but I would have bet good money that our last child - baby number 6 was going to be a girl.  I really though we would end with four girls and two boys.



Our children repeatedly said they wanted a baby brother so we could have "3 and 3" to make everything even.  I never told them my very strong "mother's intuition" that we were having a daughter.  What do I know?

Now that we have 3 and 3, it has really changed the way I think about our children, plan outings, and even do laundry.  Up until Brady was born, I always laid out the kids clothing in birth order (Tracey, Howard, Caroline, Lee Lee, and Hunter).  It never occurred to me to do anything else.

But from the moment Brady's laundry entered the picture... suddenly it was 3 and 3.

Three girls - oldest, middle, youngest.

Three boys - oldest, middle, youngest.

Planning for vacations, laying out shoes, grabbing swim suits, packing lunches, and more.  Three boys, and three girls - a set of oldests, a set of middles, and a set of youngests.

Our perfect Brady Bunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.