Thursday, May 13, 2021

Preggers VI: 39 Weeks

How far along?  

39 weeks, 2 days





Comparisons:
 

 38 Weeks with Tracey... because she was born 38 weeks, 6 days


 
35 Weeks with the Twins... because they were born at 36 weeks 1 day, and I never took a 36 week picture.


Lee Lee at 39 weeks



Hunter at 39 weeks




How I am feeling?  
I'm actually feel very well.  I mean -- I'm large, I'm very pregnant, I'm uncomfortable at times, but really, I am cherishing these final days of pregnancy because this is it.  I don't plan to ever be pregnant again.  Also, I am feeling some relief and accomplishment because as of this afternoon my maternity leave begins.  The baby can come as soon as he or she wants... or he or she can take his or her sweet time because I am DONE working for the year!  PRAISE GOD!


How big is the baby?  
The size of a pumpkin (hopefully a small pumpkin) -- 19.9 inches long, 7.23 pounds

 
Sleep:  
I'm still sleeping really well as long as I can fall back to sleep.  Most nights I get up several times and go right back to sleep... occasionally, I wake up during the night and then I'm awake for about 2 hours.  That's not fun.


Boy/Girl Predictions:  
Nope but I'm getting excited to find out... and I'm getting VERY excited to come home with the new baby and tell our other children if they got a brother or a sister.


Baby Nicknames: 
"Baby" 


  Best moment this week:  
So far the best moment of this week has been Mother's Day, and finishing work.  Also, the kiddos have learned that if they offer to rub my feet and my back before they go to bed, they usually get to watch a little extra tv.  So that has been incredibly sweet and special.  I've ended several days this week with Tracey and Caroline each rubbing one of my feet, Howard rubbing my back, and Lee Lee rubbing my belly.

 
Food cravings:  
I'm eating ice cream at while I'm writing this blog, and that tastes AMAZING! 
 

Missing:  
At the moment... nothing.  I'm really happy to be where I am in this pregnancy, and so happy to have finished my work and be on maternity leave.



Movements:  
Yes, and I really enjoy them... they are definitely less frequent now that the baby is bigger... but still moving around.


Labor Signs:  
Yes... but just getting my body ready.  Nothing that has made us head to the hospital yet... but labor is coming eventually, no doubt.
 
General Attitude:   
Really calm and peaceful at the moment.  I feel like I've gotten a really good sense of how my body heads into labor with my last two childbirth experiences and so I am able to just chill when I'm having contracts and not get overly excited about anything yet.
Both Hunter and Lee Lee arrived within 24 hours of their due date, so I am expecting the baby will arrive sometime this next week... but time will tell.  I am just so excited to be done working, and ALL I have ahead of me this week, so spending time with my children, focusing on being a Mama, and preparing for the baby.
 

 What I am looking forward to this week:  
Hubby and I are headed off for a 24 hour baby-moon, and I am excited for that.  We have done a one-night getaway before every one of our babies has arrived, and it feels very special to be doing it before this last baby arrives.  And then, I'm excited to not work heading into next week!    

 
Milestones: 
\I've now carried this baby longer than I carried Tracey or the twins... and I've reached the week when Hunter and Lee Lee were both born... so we're expecting this baby sooner rather than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.