Monday, November 11, 2019

Preggers V: 39 Weeks

Disclaimer -- this is a very realistic 39 weeks pregnancy post... not my most upbeat or positive post about pregnancy.

How far along?  
39 weeks, 2 days



Comparisons:
39 Weeks with Addallee 


 

 38 Weeks with Tracey





 
35 Weeks with the Twins... because they were born at 36 weeks 1 day, and I never took a 36 week picture.




How I am feeling?  
Well... physically I'm feeling really well.  The rest of me is just annoyed.  It is hard to have plans in place for going into labor with four small kids and a working husband and parents 2 hours away.  I'm annoyed that I haven't had the baby when I've been ready to have the baby for several weeks now.  We're getting closer and closer to Thanksgiving and Christmas and I'd like a few weeks with the baby prior to those Holidays, but so far... its still cooking.



How big is the baby?  
The size of a pumpkin (hopefully a small pumpkin) -- 19.9 inches long, 7.23 pounds

 


Sleep:  
I'm still sleeping really well for which I am very grateful.


Boy/Girl Predictions:  
Nope.  I just want to know.


Baby Nicknames: 
"Baby" 



  Best moment this week:  
Hubby and I had a babymoon getaway this past weekend, and that was wonderful.  It was very relaxing and we had a great time.

 
Food cravings:  
Chocolate chip cookies and Starbucks peppermint mocha!  Yum!
 
 

Missing:  
I feel like I've been in a bad mood lately.  I like to plan out the week, I like to know how things are going to go... and I'd like to know when I'm going to have the baby.  It is annoying not to know.  But I don't want to just plan for another week of being pregnant because that's getting annoying too and I'm ready to be done working.  I miss when I enjoyed being pregnant.  I am not enjoying it at the moment.


Exercising:  
I've been trying and I really enjoy it when I do exercise, but the workouts before school/work have been less and less.  My time in the morning just seems to be filled with getting everyone out the door.  I'm not sure if I'm moving more slowly or sleeping later or what, but workouts before work/school just have not been happening.  I should try to make them happen every day this week knowing that I will have to give my body a little break after I have the baby.


Movements:  
Yes, and I really enjoy them... except every time I feel the little feet moving around, I just want to cuddle the actual little feet of a newborn.  





Labor Signs:  
Yes... but not enough to be in labor yet.  I've been having signs of labor for WEEKS which adds to the frustration at this point
 
General Attitude:   
Well, as you can tell... a little frustrated by this point.  I am trying to enjoy the last days with our four little ones, and sharing my room with just Hubby and not a newborn.  Sunday night was really fun with Howard and Tracey playing indoor basketball with Hubby, and Lee Lee and Caroline helping each other feed the animals and then play at our writing desk.  
But I just want to be able to plan the week and plan the Holidays and know when the baby is going to come.  Tracey has to take snack to school on Tuesday and has a Field Trip on Thursday... and I'd like to know if I will be in the hospital on either of those days and who will be in charge if I am.  I know beyond the shadow of a doubt that it is best for the baby to come on his own in his or her own time... but I also see how much more convenient it is for a mother to plan a C-Section or induction and mark it on her calendar weeks in advance.
 

 What I am looking forward to this week:  
Umm... having the baby... if I have the baby.  Other than that, I don't know.  Maybe hanging some Christmas lights so that's done before the baby comes.  I wish I could say I was looking forward to my last day of work... but I just want to be done seeing students.  I want to finish this pregnancy strong, just like I would a workout program or running race, but its so hard when I don't know when the end is.
The truth is, this is very normal for me at the end of pregnancy.  I don't remember it so much with Tracey, but the the twins, I was very uncomfortable and just getting through every day waiting for them to arrive.  And I know with Addallee I was ready and frustrated because I carried her longer than anyone else.  So, I am par for the course -- I just want to know when the baby's coming so I can plan and reserve my strength accordingly.
 

 

Milestones: 
Hubby and I had our babymoon, and I've now carried this baby longer than I carried Tracey or the twins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.