Monday, November 4, 2019

Preggers V: 38 Weeks

 
How far along?  38 weeks 2 days
 
Gosh that mirror is dirty...


 
Comparisons:
 
38 Weeks with Addallee

 
 38 Weeks with Tracey

 
 
35 Weeks with the Twins... because they were born at 36 weeks 1 day, and I never took a 36 week picture.


How I am feeling?  Nervous.  This is a change because I have been excited for the past few weeks... now I'm just nervous.  Wondering when and how I will go into labor -- how the kids will do, how will it work with five, how the kids will actually react to the baby, how I will handle the newborn days of less sleep plus the routine of the four big kids.  I'm feeling nervous.  This week my doc mentioned that she thought was going to be my baby that comes late... I was not thrilled to hear that prediction.

 
How big is the baby?  The size of a winter melon -- 19.6 inches long, 6.61 pounds
 
 
Sleep:  Sleep is wonderful. 
 

Boy/Girl Predictions:  Tracey and Howard both insist its a boy.  Several moms at Tracey's school predicted a boy this week.  A store clerk told me she was sure it is a girl -- I don't think I'll be giving her my business.


Baby Nicknames:  "Baby"


  Best moment this week: Halloween despite the cold temperatures.
 
 
 
Food cravings:  Nothing in particular... Food that someone else prepares.
 
 
Missing: There were a few times a beer would have tasted really good this week... and having one probably would not be the end of the world, but I would hate to go into labor and have alcohol on my breath and in my system.


Movements:  Yes.  I think I feel little feet up high sometimes.
 
 

Labor Signs:  Some... but frankly, I was having more contractions and cramping two weeks ago than I'm having now.  Just trying to be patient and not really pay attention to anything until my water breaks.


General Attitude:  Just trying to gear up for another week and enjoying my time with the kids before I leave for the hospital and come home with a baby.  Also, I'm probably a little emotional.
 
 
 What I am looking forward to this week:  Maybe getting some paperwork done for work.  I don't know.
 
 
Milestones:  I have now entered the week that I had  Tracey -- she was born 38 weeks 6 days... so we'll see what happens this week.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.