Saturday, August 24, 2019

The Best Intentions

Tracey Ann's new school had a big back to school potluck scheduled for the Thursday of the first week of school (so two days ago).

I was pretty excited.  It was our first school event at this new school, and I was hoping we would make a good impression on the school, staff, and other families.  With our four young children, and my noticeably expecting another, we don't really blend in many places.  Since the school was going to notice our crew, I wanted to make the best first impression possible.

I made my first ever Fruit Pizza and doubled the recipe so it would feed more people, and I dressed the kids in adorable outfits.  We were excited.



The potluck was to start at 5:00.

We leave to pick up Tracey on the bus at 3:30 -- and our intention was not to return home until after the potluck.

About 2:35pm I received text from the school that the potluck was cancelled due to inclement weather.

So... the six of us got to eat the huge (and delicious) fruit pizza because it will not keep for a week... and the kids looked absolutely adorable for a family trip to Wendy's (because I had no dinner planned).






We had the best intentions of make a great impression on the school.  I cannot say we will be able to match the effort next week. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.