Monday, January 14, 2019

Denied to Many

I never had a problem growing older.  My older sister died when I was 18, and she was 39... and there were many things she still wanted to do.  So at 35 I very acutely understand the quote...

“Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Author Unknown

 In an effort to find that quote, which I had heard before, I found some other good quotes about getting older...

Top 10 Quotes About Growing Old

“Too many people, when they get old, think that they have to live by the calendar.” John Glenn

“I have reached an age when, if someone tells me to wear socks, I don't have to.” Albert Einstein

“Do not try to live forever, you will not succeed.” George Bernard Shaw

“None are so old as those who have outlived enthusiasm.” Henry David Thoreau

“Youth is when you're allowed to stay up late on New Year's Eve. Middle age is when you're forced to.” Bill Vaughan

“The man who views the world at fifty the same as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life.” Muhammad Ali

“Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.” Mark Twain

“Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.” Author Unknown

“How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you were?” Satchel Paige

“You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing.” Michael Pritchard

source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.