Monday, June 11, 2018

Solo Week

Hubby is away for a few days for a conference, and then working security for a local festival next weekend so I am gearing up for a solo week with the kids.

I so wish I could live in the moment and enjoy a little single-girl freedom.  I wish I could enjoy the chance to rule the remote control, and love that I can sleep in the middle of the bed and hog all the covers... but I really don't.

When my husband is away I miss the reinforcements when it comes to our little ones.  I miss the extra set of hands to hand off the baby to even if just for a minute while I run to the restroom.  I love sharing a bed with my husband, and I don't want the bed to myself.

Now, I'm trying to watch some special movies and spread out in the bed just to make missing him a little easier, but really, this week that my husband is gone is not going to be my favorite.

On the bright side, I think that's a good thing.  Hubby and I are approaching our seventh wedding anniversary and I think its nice that I do not look forward to time away from him.

Please keep me in prayer this week as I will be wrangling our children by myself.  With swim lessons, soccer practices, and dance class, we will stay busy, but I hope and pray my little ones will stay cheerful with all the activity.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.