Sunday, June 17, 2018

FATHER

Dear Ann Landers: 
As Father`s Day approaches, I thought you might like to reprint an item translated from a Dutch magazine. This nostalgic gem appeared in the Danbury (Conn.) News-Times. I have cherished it for many years and hope you will share it with your readers.
Donna W., Washington, D.C.

Dear Donna: Love it! I saw myself in every line and am certain others will, too. Bless you for sending it on in time for his day.
FATHER
4 Years: My daddy can do anything.
7 Years: My dad knows a lot, a whole lot.
8 Years: My father doesn't know quite everything.
12 Years: Oh, well, naturally Father doesn't know that, either.
14 Years: Father? Hopelessly old-fashioned.H
21 Years: Oh, that man is out-of-date. What did you expect?
25 Years: He knows a little bit about it, but not much.
30 Years: Maybe we ought to find out what Dad thinks.
35 Years: A little patience. Let's get Dad's assessment before we do anything.
50 Years: I wonder what Dad would have thought about that. He was pretty smart.
60 Years: My dad knew absolutely everything!
65 Years: I'd give anything if Dad were here so I could talk this over with him. I really miss that man.

Happy Father's Day, to my wonderful father.











And I eagerly anticipate my own children going through these many phases over the years when thinking of my wonderful husband.
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.