Monday, June 25, 2018

7th Anniversary


Happy 7th Anniversary to my wonderful Husband.

He and I met almost nine years ago at new-teacher induction in August 2009.  We started dating eight-and-a-half years ago (December 2009) and things were rocky at first... rocky, then casual... then fun.

For me, we got serious and I seriously fell in love with Hubby in August of 2010 when Hubby moved to Greeley for a new job, and I stayed in Eagle (3 hours away from each other).  I had done long-distance with a previous boyfriend and I had very little faith in us moving forward.  Hubby said he would see me all the time and I wouldn't even notice he was gone, but I had learned talk was cheap and I didn't really think we would last.

I saw him every weekend for the entire school year and most of the travel back and forth was Hubby coming to see me.

Cal Thomas said, "Love talked about is easily ignored, but love demonstrated is irresistible," and I learned from Hubby over the fall of 2010 how true that is.  I fell in love with my husband because he demonstrated such love for me and it was irresistible.  That fall, he chose me every day -- and he has chosen me every day since then... and today marks seven years of our marriage of his still choosing me every single day.  That is so irresistible.

My hubby loves me so well and he loves our children and our family in a way that inspires me to love better and love deeper every day.

I am truly the luckiest woman in the world to be his wife and I am so thankful for every day and every year that God gives us together.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.