Thursday, February 18, 2010

Thankful Thursday with Snow

My blog has been neglected as of late, but rest assured, my writing skills are going toward grad papers and scholarship applications, I guess this is a good thing.

In an effort to touch base and share what I am up to, here is Thankful Thursday once again:
  1. I am thankful that it is snowing!
  2. I am further thankful that I plan to go skiing tonight and Saturday for sure and possibly Friday night as well.
  3. I am thankful for the season of Lent. It is the chance for a fresh start smack dab in the middle of the thick of the year (especially for teachers). My spirit already feels refreshed and encouraged by the fresh start of Lent.
  4. I am thankful that each day is a chance to get up and come to work with a smile and believe it is going to be a great day. Wednesday was casualty day on our playground (not literally) but today can be better. Today might include less tears, bumps on the head, and trips to the nurses office... Today is a fresh start.
  5. I am thankful that tomorrow I have an all-day meeting that doesn't start until 9AM!!!! I am always at work at 7am, but tomorrow, my boss has said to come to the meeting at 9, and I should not go to my school before-hand. This is going to be a huge treat to sleep in - or even get up at the same time, but enjoy a few hours to myself before work! Maybe I'll go to breakfast with a book.
  6. Last night I saw the movie, "Legends of the Fall." Crazy movie, but I think I'll be glad I've seen it. It was not what I expected and I was disappointed with the main female character. I wonder if this story is based on a novel. If so, I wonder what she symbolizes...
I hope you have a beautiful and blessed day complete with hugs, contentment and many little displays of God's love for you!

image signature

2 comments:

  1. Brooke,

    Rejoicing with you on so many things that have touched your life this week, snow, sleeping in and just being able to enjoy all the blessings God has brought your way.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen - especially about Lent!

    I hope you enjoyed your sleep this morning!

    Hmm, I only saw the last five minutes of Legends of the Fall, might have to add that to my netflix...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.