Saturday, January 2, 2010

2010 - What a concept!


Two thousand ten!

How did it become 2010?

I was never one of those Y2Kers (in fact, I was not yet 16 when the world changed from 1999 to 2000). 2000 was never an unobtainable date in my mind. I was born in 1984 and the "turn of the century" was a term I grew up with. It was coming...


For some reason 2010 is much more of a milestone in my mind. 2010 has always been my Outer Limit.
What is my outer-limit, you ask?

Well, I guess I just never did the math to realize how close 2010 was because 2010 was always my example, my outer limit of things to come. It was very common for me to have a conversation with friends during 2006, 2007, 2008 and even 2009 where I would say, "Someday when I get married - you know, way off in 2010."

Well, as you can probably guess, it was early in 2009 when I realized that not only did that statement not really work as a far-off date, but it is downright unlikely that I will find myself married in 2010.

Yes, there was a chance when I was in my most recent relationship that all the stars would align and I would actually be married in the year that I had always used as my far-fetched example, but now it is much less likely.

But this post is not about a possible wedding... its about the arrival of that far-off year that I'd always believed was so far away.

"It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine."

I guess that's how I feel today.
2010 is here.

I have no more outer-limit and things that will happen by a far-off date.

I guess I could make a new date - one that is ACTUALLY far off - like 2050, or even 2025... but I don't know that I will.


Maybe my new phrase will be, "Someday, when I get married, when the Lord provides," or, "when the Lord Wills," or "Someday, in the Lord's time."


That's probably a good perspective to begin 2010.


My dreams are in the Lord's oh so capable hands and in His time, the "Someday" will arrive. It is not for me to foolishly give him an outer-limit of timing.


Praise God for His beautiful timing!

image signature

3 comments:

  1. His timing is alway impeccable. I remember feeling some of those things. My timeline was when I was a senior in college...I wanted to be engaged and all of that jazz... then God shook up my life and as things started falling into place I was more than disappointed....but as I have journeyed forward I realize His timing is always perfect. Always beautiful...and it's so much more than we could ever ask for!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God's timing will be amazing. You will find the man of your dreams that God has been preparing for you and you for him. You will someday see exactly why and how His timing is perfect because He would have only been able to bring you two together in His way.
    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have an urgent prayer request on arise 2 write.
    Blessings, andrea

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.