Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Home

 I have been overwhelmed pretty much since Hubby accepted the job as principal 100 miles away from where we were living.  I mean, we had one day of celebration before the work began, but the mental load has been big... heavy for the past, well, seven months.

I still have a lot going on and a lot to accomplish headed in to Christmas.  We are BARELY settled in out home (and settled is a widely generous description), almost no Christmas decorations are up, I have so much work to accomplish at school (always work to accomplish at school), the end of graduate semester in the coming weeks, and all the Christmas activities I want to do -- Christmas cookies, Nativity pageant, Christmas cards, making family calendars, and so much more.

I have been overwhelmed and pretty much on the brink of tears for months.  I'm sorry to say it, but its true.  And that's not to say that I haven't been excited, and incredibly grateful to be here with these new jobs... its just been a lot.

But, can I just say, we are finally home, and I feel it.  I can rest in it.


I still have a ton to do... but I have a place to rest... really rest amidst the multitude of tasks.


I have a MILLION things to do, but my TO DO list does not make me cry anymore (at least at this moment)... I will do my best, and I will do my best in a place where my family has what it needs.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.