Thursday, March 24, 2022

Buy Dirt

 The kids and I have been listening to this song lately, and I LOVE IT!

I usually cannot make it through the song without tearing up.  As we listen to the song, it gives me a chance to pause it and ask my kids what a certain phrase means...

Like, "Get a ring, let your knee hit the ground."

And, "Add a few limbs to your family tree."

It reminds me of road trips when I was a kid, when my family would play the same John Denver 8-track on repeat, and every time the song "Back Home Again" played, my Daddy would stop the 8-track and ask me about a certain phrase of the song...

Like, "The whining of his wheels just makes it colder."

And, "Sometimes this old farm feels like a long lost friend."

All things full circle... because...

"No doubt about it, it all goes by real quick, you can't buy happiness, but you can buy dirt."

Hope you enjoy:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.