Friday, February 7, 2020

Earning Spring

I love winter.

I love snow and blizzards and being cozy inside with the elements flying outside.

Living in Colorado does not lend itself to as many blizzards as I expected moving out here after growing up in West Michigan.  West Michigan has lake effect snow through most of the winter.  Sometimes daily snow showers.  Where we live in Colorado rarely has daily snow showers.

I love spring... but I love spring when I've actually had a winter.

Well, this year, we are earning spring.

Our neighbor runs something for the county and he mentioned that he has already spent his entire budget for snow removal for the entire season already this winter.

We are getting snow daily and more coming.  We are getting frigid temperatures both keeping the snow on the ground, and giving us layers of ice under the snow.

We are having to allow SO MUCH EXTRA TIME in order to get places -- and for our family, with daily travel up and down I-70 for both work and school, those commute times add up.

Tracey was late to school three days this week because we were stuck in traffic due to accidents.  One day our drive to get her to school was 2:15 -- usually it is 0:50 or less.

TOMORROW IS A SNOW DAY!!!

The only bummer is that ALL of the kids snow pants are still at school.  We leave the snowpants there Monday-Friday and then home on the weekends.  We have no snow pants for our snowday.

All that said, I still love winter and we are earning spring. 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.