Thursday, January 16, 2020

The Ship

I saw this online and it made me laugh really hard.


I feel like much of it is true... but then, not necessarily some days -- but some moments, I do let myself sit back for a second or two and see what my children are doing and think to myself, "You're doing okay.  This is a good ship you're running - sometimes."

Last night at dance class was one of those moments.

My big girls were the best listeners of all the dancers in the class.  Not necessarily the best dancers... but the best listeners which is much more important to me than being the best dancers.

While other siblings stared at tablets or ran around crazily, or disrupted class, or demanded snack after snack, Howard and Lee Lee happily quietly entertained themselves with the bag of toys I brought them.

Being a parent is not for the faint of heart, but if you're consistent, and yes, run a tight ship, the rewards are sweet -- momentarily at least.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.