Sunday, January 12, 2020

A Dark Car

We left dance class last week and began the 15 minute drive home.  By 5:30pm it is dark this time of year, so it is dark in the car.  Caroline asked for the lights to be on in the car, but she knows that I can't drive with the lights on, so she asked for them to be on "just for a minute."

I turned the lights on, and she brought her winter coat up over her head and then told me I could turn the lights off.

A few minutes later she asked for she same thing, and did the same thing again -- put her winter coat over her head.

Finally, I asked what she was doing with her coat.  Was she looking for something?

"No," she responded.  "I don't like the dark car."

...

She didn't like the dark car, so she was hiding under her coat... where it was less dark?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.