Sunday, August 19, 2018

Happy Birthday, Mom!

Happy Birthday, Mom!

We are so excited to have my mom visiting us over her 65th birthday.  August is not often a time when Mom and I are together, and in looking back over Timehop, I saw that the last time she and I were together for her birthday was five years ago when she turned 60.

I find it interesting that today, my mom will be surrounded by grandchildren who are beyond excited to celebrate her birthday (Howard has been asking every morning if its Grammie's birthday today, Caroline has been practicing singing Happy Birthday around the house for over a week, and Tracey is so excited about some surprises for Grammie -- and amazingingly has kept the secrets so far... and Addallee is just happy all the time) and five years ago, when I was in Michigan to celebrate with her, there were no grandchildren to hold.  I was just entering my second trimester of pregnancy with Tracey, but she hadn't arrived yet.

Here is a picture of Mom on her 60th birthday:



And here is a picture of Mom last mother's day -- I will be very excited to put the above picture next to a picture taken today of her with a cake and her Colorado grandchildren.



Happy Birthday, Mom!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.