Friday, July 28, 2017

Movie Night

Last night I had a good ole fashioned girls movie night, with a little twist because it was a moms movie night.

I don't know about anyone else, but when I was in high school I would have movie nights with friends at least monthly and sometimes weekly.  They were really simple -- just friends, a good movie, comfy clothes, and some snacks.  It was so much fun and such a nice refreshing time to hang with friends but recharge for the week... and it was inexpensive.

So, earlier this week I texted some mom friends and invited them over for exactly that -- a low-key, moms movie night.  I encouraged them to wear comfy clothes and bring their favorite movie snack and any beverage they wanted and come enjoy a romantic comedy without hubbys or kids.

I had three gals who were able to accept the invitation and it was such a fun night.  I chose five dvds from my collection (three with Meg Ryan, two with Julia Roberts) and then had the gals vote on which we would watch -- they chose You've Got Mail

I had some chips and popcorn available and most gals brought their own little movie snack for their own enjoyment, and it was just a really nice time.

We're definitely moms because the movie night started at 7:30, the movie was in before 8:00, and everyone was on their way home shortly after 10.  No late night slumber parties in our lives right now given our responsibilities at home, but everyone really seemed to have a great time.

Something I am trying to balance is how I get more time with other moms without always having children around too.  Having play dates with our kids while we visit is nice, but it isn't nearly as refreshing as getting a cup of coffee with another mom without children.  I would really like to make room for some more adult time in my life when possible, and fun movie nights like this seem like a great way to start that.

I hope we an do it again soon.  It was so nice to decompress with other moms with an inexpensive, relaxing activity, and it was so nice of our husbands to take care of the kids while we all got away for some fun.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.