Thursday, December 24, 2009

Thankful Thursday: December 24th


Christmas Eve!

I LOVE Christmas Eve!
  1. I am thankful to be with my parents on this Christmas Eve.
  2. I am thankful to be with my parents in MICHIGAN this Christmas Eve. I am laid out on my stomach on our family room floor, propped up on my elbows typing... because as anyone who grew up in this home knows, we have hot-water heat and the floor is the warmest thing in the house all winter. :)
  3. I am thankful for the old friends I've been blessed to visit in the past two days - and not young friends from high school - good, old, wise family friends who I cannot see most of the year. This picture was taken last Christmas - the man in the picture went to be with the Lord last February, but it was so wonderful to see his wife this morning for coffee.
  4. I am thankful for a Christmas with my parents. My parents and I treasure these Christmases when we are together - just the three of us. We know there will be Christmases when it won't just be the three of us, or it won't be in my childhood home. In fact, we are ready to share Christmas. For years my parents were not ready to share me with anyone (a future son-in-law). But now, I think we are all ready. Who knows what the Lord will do this year... but we are especially cherishing this Christmas. We especially cherish every Christmas together. I am thankful for this perspective!
  5. I am thankful for Christmas memories and thankful for Christmas dreams!
  6. I am thankful that an old friend of our family went to be with the Lord a few days ago. This woman was a good friend of my grandmother's and she KNEW the Lord. Her husband died about 20 years ago, and her son died sometime before then. Through everything, she always trusted the Lord, served where she could and bloomed where she was planted. What a HOMECOMING for her in heaven! Praise God that this wonderful woman will celebrate Christmas with her husband and son at the beautiful feet of Jesus!
For more Thankful Thursday, visit Truth 4 The Journey.

image signature

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas to you too!

    I didn't know you are a native Michigander ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.