Friday, November 20, 2009

It's Friday... really?

Like my friend, Christy, I miss Caffeinated Randomness with my Friday coffee. There just seems to be something more fun with the randomness when I'm in fellowship with other random people.

Unlike my former Caffeinated Randomnesses (more than one Caffeinated Randomness... how do I make that plural?), I feel very un-caffeinated. I have been under-the-weather for nearly two weeks now, and I guess I over did it last night. Also, the only medicine I've been taking is a nightly Theraflu to try to clear up my congestion and help me sleep. Well, I don't think I slept it all off last night, because I can barely keep my eyes open.

Today I feel like there is little I can count on. The Lord is good and perfect and the same yesterday and today and forever. But He is all that is reliable.

I've titled this post It's Friday... really? because I don't feel like I can count on the fact its Friday. I don't really think I can rejoice that it is Friday. As soon as I start to really embrace the fact its Friday, really rest in the fact its Friday, something will happen and it won't be Friday, or someone will correct me that my dates are off, and No, it's not Friday.

Okay, I just heard someone say, "Happy Friday!" outside my door... maybe it's true. But I don't believe everything I hear. If someone said, "Time to streak!" or "The high is going to be 80* today!" outside my door, I wouldn't believe them.

All I can count on today is this,

"One thing God has spoken,
Two things I have heard:
That You, O God are strong
And You, O Lord, are loving."
Psalm 62:11-12

I pray you a blessed today. I pray you are more awake than I am. I pray you have hope. Wherever you are, whatever you are facing, I pray for hope for you. To read a great post about hope, visit Heart 2 Heart.

image signature

2 comments:

  1. Brooke,

    Praying for you on those days where you question why the healing is taken so long.

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Brooke I am so sorry you are still sick! I am praying for you lots....It can be miserable to feel that bad. I hope you get lots of rest this weekend!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.