Sunday, November 8, 2009

Honest Scrap Award

Last week I was blessed to receive the Honest Scrap Award from a brilliant blogging dog. (I have to wonder if he meant the award for me, or for my cat...) As an award recipient, I was asked to write ten things you may not know about me:
  1. It drives me crazy when people send me emails without a subject in the subject line. The subject can have NOTHING to do with the content of the email, but PLEASE don't leave it blank.
  2. I love to run outside but rarely make time to do so when school is in session. As a matter of fact, it is an answer to prayer that I do love to run... my senior year of college I became engaged to be married, and my fiance and I decided we wanted to run together. I was in particular discomfort on one such run and I just cried out to God in my heart that He would make me love running. I said, "Lord, this is the man I'm engaged to marry and I want this to be something we can both enjoy. My parents both run and I want the two of us to have that joy in running together. Lord, make me one of those crazy people who's day cannot start if they haven't gone running." If memory serves, I prayed that prayer in early March and my engagement ended the end of April. The parting was not mutual and I was heartbroken. Every morning thereafter, when I woke up in the morning, I felt, in my pain, I had two choices (1) to lay in bed and cry or (2) to get up and go running. Every morning I went running. I have loved running ever since. God definitely answered my prayer to love running... just not exactly in the way I would have expected.
  3. I was raised my whole life in Michigan, but I was born in Florida. I'll share the whole story behind being born in Florida on my birthday.
  4. I was born on Friday the 13th; therefore, Friday the 13th remains one of my favorite days of the year... there is one coming THIS FRIDAY! :)
  5. My parents are 21 years a part in age and have been married for 28 years.
  6. I have two older siblings who are my dad's children, Tracey and Trent. They are older by 21 years and 17 years.
  7. Tracey got married when I was 5 to Dan Wellner. They were married almost 10 years when Dan died of cancer. Four years later, right after I graduated high school, Tracey died of cancer.
  8. I have two masters degrees and have applied to begin working toward a third. One degree is in Early Childhood Education, one degree is in Special Education with an emphasis in children with visual disabilities (children who are blind or visually impaired), and the one I will begin working toward is in Special Education with an emphasis in Early Childhood Special Education (children with a variety of special needs ages birth-6).
  9. My greatest desire is to work alongside a husband who is completely sold out for the Lord.*
  10. Another desire I have is to raise a house-full of children and to home school them.*
* Both of these are contingent on the Lord's Will and His leading when the time comes...

In keeping with the awards, I'd like to recognize Kelly at Joyful Adorations with the Honest Scrap Award.
image signature

3 comments:

  1. WOW, Brooke. Thank you for sharing from the depths of your heart. I am the oldest of three girls. My youngest sister was tragically killed in 1989.

    GOD bless you for working with special needs children. They are precious "in HIS sight" and mine, too.

    Blessings, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was nice to learn more about you :)

    Where in MI did you grow up? Are you still there now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it's so good to get to know you better. You are an amazing young lady!!

    Thanks for the award, you are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.