Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Thankful Thursday 23 September

Thankful Thursday
1. I am thankful for unexpected encouragement... REALLY unexpected encouragement. There are some times when encouragement finds me, and I NEEDED it. I am SOO grateful because I know God knew in the way only He can, that I needed the encouragement badly in order to keep going. The encouragement this week wasn't like that. I'm doing okay and feeling pretty good about God's faithfulness in my job... but unexpected encouragement found me this week, and I am very thankful.

2. I am thankful for the way I arrive home. My beautiful Lexie girl (my cat) is always sitting

in the kitchen window when I pull up to my place. She immediately stands up and looks at me through the window and meows, meows, meows. My roommates and I have joked about Lexie being the "look-out" if anyone wanted to throw me a surprise party -- she always meows, meows, meows when she sees me arrive home. Then she jumps off the windowsill and greats me at the door. When I walk in the door, she continues to meow until I pick her up and put her on my shoulder and she purrs, purrs, purrs. What a blessing to feel like my mere presence makes such a difference in the life of a living creature.

3. I am thankful for warm blankets, warm pajamas, warm socks, warm showers, warm sweaters, warm tights... are you catching my drift here? Eagle has become COLD with the first days of autumn underway. We went from highs and lows in the mid-70s and mid-40s to highs and lows in the mid-40s and low-20s overnight. Such a fast change, and yet, I am so fortunate and blessed to have what I need to stay warm in different seasons.


4. I am thankful for days that fly by. I feel so blessed that God has allowed me to focus on one day at a time and not be anxious about things that aren't in my path today...
but my days have been so packed full of events, children, parents, job responsibilities, Bible studies... so much that my days fly by. It is exciting!

5. I am thankful for fun pictures. I still have an old-fashioned camera that requires taking rolls of film to the store in order to be developed. Getting pictures back is like remembering and re-living the events all over again. I got pictures developed this week from Paul's Labor Day visit. What fun we had!



For more Thankful Thursday, visit Truth for the Journey.

image signature

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE YOUR CAT!!! Absolutely adore. I want a cat really badly and I might get one soon. I love how much your cat loves you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! Great God that will send us just what we need when we need it! He's got it covered. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your beautiful list of wonderful blessings you have shared with us this week. I absolutely love your kitty!

    Love and Hugs ~ Kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. What as wonde4ful list! One of our kittens looks just like your Lexie!
    Praises!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great list....I had just a few minutes to blog hop tonight....
    Hope you will stop by my Christmas blog. I have a great giveaway that I will draw for on
    Oct 1 and a comment is all it takes to enter....
    http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com
    http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.