Friday, September 18, 2009

Caffeinated Randomness: Netflix



What if I received books of the Bible in the mail every few days like I do Netflix movies?

Would I be as excited to tear open the envelope and discover what book arrived today as I am to open my movies?

Would I immediately schedule a time in my calendar to offer the Bible mailing my undivided attention?

I don't let my Netflix movies sit in my hands very long, I find time to watch what they contain and send them back eager to receive my next envelop.

Would Bible mailings make a long-term home on my desk and begin to collect dust or would they elicit even more excitement?

I couldn't help but wonder.

For more caffeinated randomness visit Andrea.

image signature

7 comments:

  1. hmmm - good thoughts... let's hope that we would have the same excitement. Of course we've got the whole book at our disposal - so maybe we should just "tear into it" more often EXPECTING to be thrilled by what we find there. :) Thanks for making me think about this, Brooke!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminds me a bit of a comment I heard at church a few Wednesdays ago... if we were only 10% as passionate about God as we are about our sports teams we'd start a spreading fire of love and change in our nation.

    I think I paraphrased that a bit... but that was the gist of it.

    Paul :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm - I wonder that about me, too. And I'm not so sure I like my answer...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great question...one that I will be pondering and like Andrea I am not sure I would like my answer!

    Happy weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good thoughts...I need to change the way I think about other things similar to this too.
    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. An interesting thought indeed!

    Thank you for posting the link to your Sunrise Sunset post - it was really encouraging for me! I hope you have a lovely weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great thought! I love reading posts that make me think about little things that I wouldn't normally consider. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.