Thursday, September 22, 2022

Great Line

 Sometimes a song won't really be all that memorable... but golly one line is just so well written it will just stay with you for many years.

There is a Dixie Chicks song from a few decades ago... I could look it up to see which one it is (they had some catchy songs when I was in high school and college), but the line that I really like is just a quick line in one of the verses that is quickly sung without much fanfare...

"...watchin' the children and the garden grow..."

It is now well established how poor I am with plants, but I love that line.  Basically, all is right with the world - watchin' the children and the garden grow.

I'm reminded of that line when I see this picture that I took this past weekend while we were with my parents in Michigan.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.