Sunday, December 5, 2021

Last Time

 A few days ago I read a heart-warming post on facebook about a mother who suddenly realized and noticed that all her children were taking showers for themselves without any assistance needed.  She commented on how big of a milestone this was in motherhood after years of both the joy, and chaos of bathtime.  And within moments of her realizing this big motherly milestone, she was crying because bath time was over forever.

After reading this, what did I do?

I pulled out the swimsuits and told my children that they were taking one bath together all six of them and this would be the last bath ever with all six of them.  And they were crowded, but I didn't keep them in there long.  We got some pictures, had some splashes, kids put soap on each other's hair, and Brady looked like he felt like he had made it into the club.  Miraculously there was no crying... but another minute or two and I think there would have been.

I still have a few years of bathtime fun ahead -- brothers with brothers and sisters with sisters off and on... but the kids are getting more independent, requiring more privacy, and just growing up.  The time of bathing all children in the same tub as a way to end the day and prepare for bedtime are over.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.