Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Image v. Reality

 Christmas Eve morning, I snapped this picture of myself enjoying my morning coffee in the early morning quiet and stillness of our main floor in front of the Christmas tree.


My description is completely true.  Nothing I wrote is false... but I left a few things out.

In reality, the statement should read something like this:

Christmas Eve morning, I snapped this picture of myself enjoying my morning coffee in the early morning quiet and stillness of our main floor in front of the Christmas tree.  Here's hoping I can get all this clean laundry folded and put away and cleaned up in time for Santa to come -- and some of it won't even get put away -- it should go straight into the suitcase since we're leaving for St. Louis in approximately 48 hours.  If I need to be up at 4:00am doing chores, at least I can enjoy our Christmas tree and put on a Christmas movie while doing it.  It's okay to fold laundry in the family room, right?

Mmmmm... coffee is good.  Coffee keeps this Mama going.

Wow, that's really a weird face I'm making.  I guess that is my face at 4:00am.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.