Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Twins' First Day of School

 The twins' first day of Pre-K was this past Monday and they were completely excited to start their new school.

This school is very near our home, and they attend four days a week in the afternoons.

This is completely different from where they went to school the past few years -- all day (and an hour drive from our home).

My preference originally was to have them attend in the morning because I just figured they would be their best selves and do their best work in the morning.  Originally, the preschool only had space in the afternoon and when we started to really consider that option, it was completely God's hand placing them in the afternoon class.

Our twins both love to sleep in in the mornings, but by the afternoon, when Lee Lee lays down to take a nap, they're both kind of looking for something to get into around the house.  They kind of fight a mid-afternoon lull.  By having all the kiddos eat lunch a little earlier, and then taking Howard and Caroline to preschool, I get to come home with Lee Lee and Hunter, put both of them down for naps, and get a nice two-hour chunk of (usually) uninterrupted work time.

Also, Howard and Caroline get to play well at home in the morning, and then have all kinds of school excitement in the afternoon, and come home happy and tired and ready for dinner and an early bedtime.

Here are some pictures from their first day of school:











Lee Lee's sign:
LEE LEE
First day of Mama School
I want to be “swing in a tree like a monkey” when I grow up.
I am 2.75 years old.
I love playing with Caroline, Daddy, yogurt and bagels with cinnamon on top, and Daniel Tiger.



Caroline's sign:

CAROLINE
First day of Pre-K
I want to be a vet, a mama, and a zookeeper when I grow up.
I am 4.5 years old.
I love horseback riding, swimming, and playing with my brothers and sisters.


Howard's sign:

HOWARD
First day of Pre-K
I want to be a policeman, a cooker, and a power ranger when I grow up.
I am 4.5 years old.
I love swimming, trampoline, hunting and hiking with Daddy, shooting arrows, and dodgeball.



Hunter's sign:

HUNTER
9.5 months
First day home with Lee Lee


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.