Monday, February 20, 2023

Mush

I want to do a blog post, because that it what I do before I go to bed... but my brain is mush.

I do not know where the weekend went or what I did.  Well, I do... Friday, we had friends over for the first time since before Christmas I think.  It was really fun, and then I tried to do graduate work after they left, but Brady woke up from his nap, when he really needed to sleep more, so I tried to cuddle him back to sleep, and I accidentally fell asleep.

Then Saturday I did grad school all day as much as I could, while running kiddos to birthday parties.

Then Hubby and I did the Rangely Mardi Gras party, which was all-you-can-eat Crab that they fly in specifically for this town fundraiser.  That was fun, but I was distracted because I still had a ton of graduate work to do (and assignments are always due Sunday nights... so I don't like to still have assignments to do on Saturday night - I like them done already). 

Then Sunday, I did graduate work all day long.  I listened to lectures while I made breakfast, I wrote discussion posts while kids were playing and arguing, I ignored them all and just got in the zone... and that's kind of where I still remain.  I have had airpods in my years listening to lectures or audiobooks all day... and it's pretty tiring.

It really does feel like I didn't have a weekend because I studied special education all weekend...and now I go and work in special education all week.

The silver lining is that we have something special planned for next weekend, and so I am trying to focus on that carrot out there... and get next week's assignments done early so I can truly enjoy next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.