Sunday, May 8, 2022

Enjoying the Present

 Happy Mother's Day!


I don't know if it is a new movement that has grown with social media or something that has been a thing for decades, and I just never noticed it.

I feel like Mother's Day is becoming less about celebrating Mothers and more about making sure all women don't feel badly on Mother's Day.

There is a bereaved Mother's Day a few days before Mother's Day... and all over social media today will be posts telling everyone to be sensitive to people who are hurting today.

People missing their mothers

People missing their children

People with broken relationships with their mothers

People wishing they were mothers

People who had disappointing mother figures

...

 and I get it... people always have a reason to be sad, and my heart does go out to some of them.

But, I really want to enjoy my present Mother's Day.

My mother is alive and healthy, and I wish she was with us today, but I trust that we will see her in a few months, and I am so lucky that she is my mother, and she is my children's Grammie.  I am such a lucky daughter!


My mother-in-law is alive and healthy, and we will see her in a few months, and my husband and I have a good relationship with her, and she is a great Memaw to my children.  I am very lucky to be her daughter-in-law.


I have six of the most amazing children on the planet -- they are truly six of my favorite people on Earth, and I am the luckiest mother in the world.  And they are all home with me... and while keeping them alive and happy is a lot of work, they are all incredibly excited to make my Mother's Day special.


I am enjoying the present Mother's Day and truly bask in the joy of my present.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.