Thursday, February 10, 2022

Did I Mention...

 Did I happen to mention that I got my first elk on the last day of late season hunting?

It was the last day... the last hour... technically, the last five minutes, but we got her!  Legal hunting is from 30 minutes before sunrise until 30 minutes after sunset.  Sunset was at 5:28pm, so we had until 5:58pm.  I took my shot at 5:52pm.

We had obtained permission to hunt on the property where the elk were, but after I shot the elk, it jumped a fence before collapsing.  So, we had to figure out who owned the property where the elk collapsed before we could go get it.  It took some time and some teamwork, but thankfully, we live in a small town and we got ahold of the land owner within about 30 minutes.

It was a lot of fun, and I doubt it will be my last hunt, but I feel very comfortable saying that I only prefer to hunt when I have my hubby with me.  I got to scout the animals, find the animals, take the shot, find the elk, and be in the pictures.  He gutted the elk, dragged the elk, and transported the elk.  That's what I call teamwork!













1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.