Friday, November 30, 2018

Clever

We are still working our way through the scads of Halloween candy the kids received this year.

Last night, the children were choosing two pieces of candy each for dessert after dinner.  Howard was asking questions about different pieces before he made his choice, and I pointed out to him the Sixlets candy.  He had gotten in trouble the day before because he was supposed to be putting his blanket in his room, and instead he went into Daddy's drawer in his bedroom and ate some of Daddy's Sixlet candies.

I pointed out the Sixlets to Howard because I thought he might enjoy eating some when he wouldn't get in trouble for it.

Tracey didn't miss a beat saying,
 "Howard should call them Snicklets because he sneaked to get them." 

It was the first time she really surprised me with something so clever on the spot.  My baby girl is really growing up. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.