Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Word-Filled Wednesday!


A friend of mine always posts "Word Filled Wednesday" and she links to another blog where everyone shares verses on Wednesday.  Well, I tried to test the "blog-linking" waters this morning, and found that the woman who hosts the Word Wednesday will not do so after this week.  So, I'm not linking to a blog and don't know if this will become a weekly thing; however,  all of that to say, I still wanted to share these verses...

Lamentations 3:17-29

I have been deprived of peace;
I have forgotten what prosperity is.
So I say, "My splendor is gone
and all that I had hoped for the Lord."

I remember my affliction and my wandering,
the bitterness and the gall.
I well remember them,
and my soul is downcast within me.
Yet this I call to mind
and therefore I have hope:

Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him."

The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him,
to the one who seeks him;
it is good to wait quietly
for the salvation of the Lord.
It is good for a man to bear the yoke
while he is young.

Let him sit alone in silence,
for the Lord has laid it on him.
Let him bury his face in the dust --
there may yet be hope.

2 comments:

  1. that's beautiful Brook! I am so glad you joined in this week! I am not sure who will be hosting it now that Lisa is not ... but I will let you know!

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooke, Such a delight to meet you. I found you via the award that you won, congrats. Thanks for splashing me with God's Word today.

    Blessings from Costa Rica,
    Sarah Dawn

    I'll be back to get to know you a bit more.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.