Thursday, June 8, 2023

Cousin Memories

Hubby and I do not live near our nieces and nephews and so we really try to get to know them, have tons of fun, and get to know them better and build our relationships when we're in town.

This trip, we opted for a hotel overnight in St. Louis with Aunt Brooke, Uncle Chris, Memaw and Pepaw and ALL thirteen cousins.  Thirteen came and ate and swam, and played, and twelve spent the night.  We had two suites and the nephews (Howard, Judah, Silas, Hunter, and Brady) slept in Memaw and Pepaw's room, and the nieces (Zivah, Mayah, Tracey, Caroline, Fridah, Lee Lee, Scarlett) slept in Uncle Chris and Aunt Brookie's room.

I'm writing this blog at 10:44pm... so I'm hoping that we all make it through the night successfully.  All children are peacefully sleeping as I write this...

Thank you for the prayers.

Also, when you read this, it will be June 8.  June 8, 2002 is the day that my sister, Tracey, went to heaven.  Knowing that she is an aunt that never had the chance to build relationships with her nieces and nephews makes me appreciate even more this special overnight with so many of my nieces and nephews.



1 comment:

  1. What fun! I hope all went well. I believe that family connection are very important to children. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.