Saturday, April 1, 2023

Next Generation?

 Leading up to spring break, we knew Tracey was working hard on a writing assignment, but it wasn't a home project, so we didn't know that much about it.

Then, the last day before Spring Break, she comes home with her essay and tells us that she was given the prompt of "What can be done to improve our school?" and she spent the last few weeks formulating her response, which she then presented to the entire third grade and the principal.  She was one of three students recognized for doing so well on this project and received the "Best Arguments Award".

We may just have a future educator in our home.



Her Essay in case you can't read it from the pictures:

Dear Mrs. Cantrell and third grade,

My name is Tracey.  I'm a third grade student at Parkview.  I love hands on projects, working hard, and try my best to follow directions.  During my time at Parkview I notice that there are some things we can make better.

I notice home work is either boring or easy for most of the class.  I believe that we need to have more projects for home work rather than regular boring home work.

First, projects develop the child's ability to work with his or hers peers, bilding teamwork and group skills.  For example, in 1st grade, there was a boy in my class who I realy didn't like.  My teacher put me and the boy in my class in my same group with another girl for a project.  When we were done with the project we became better friends.

Next, projects allow the teacher to learn more about the child as a person.

Last, projects help the teacher communicate in progressive and meaningfull ways with the child or a group of children on a range of issues.

We must have projects for home work!  It is the only way to get more kids to do homework.  Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Tracey Ann Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.