Monday, December 12, 2022

The Game of Life

 Saturday night I played The Game of Life with Tracey and Howard.  Tracey had been asking me to teach her for awhile, so finally, we sat down and played.

It was so fun to watch my kids make comments about the luck of the draw in LIFE the same way I did when I was their age.  Tracey was bummed that she didn't get a baby boy.  She only had a girl, and she was hoping for two.  Howard didn't want to get married, and due to low rolls and losing a turn, he was the last to get married.  Then, he was escstatic to have a baby boy... then another baby boy... then he got twins -- both boys.  I felt like I might be getting a little glimpse into the future.  

One time I played the game of LIFE and I hit every square that gives you a baby -- my car was overflowing by the time I got the end, and I loved it.  I felt like I had reached my LIFE goal with that particular game.

That said, last night, through luck (or unluck) of the draw, I did not get any children.  I bought a boat, had a trip to Europe, did lots of philanthropy work, and had the most money at the end of the game... but no children.  It was a very real reminder of how entirely blessed I am.  I cannot imagine Hubby and my life without our children - it just never would have worked.  I would be so unfulfilled.

God placed the desire for children so deep inside my soul and I am incredibly humbled and grateful at his abundance of blessings.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.