Sunday, August 14, 2022

A Word from Hubs

 My hubby doesn't post things publicly very often, and when he does it is almost never introspective... but last night he did both.

Here's a word from Hubs:

God really does give us exactly what we need.
On the busiest week of my educational career, I left my 86 degree office yesterday and came home to change out of my sweat soaked clothes just in time to have our swamp cooler motor quit. It got pretty hot in the house last night, and we’ve only been in this house a little over a week. Houses aren’t supposed to have stuff break like this right after you buy it, so I was hot, literally and metaphorically.
RW came over this morning to help me figure out what was wrong with the swamp cooler (thank you R!). We went to Junction to do a Sam’s run and get all of our parts to fix it. I got the motors switched out, Howard helped me up on the roof tonight, which was a pretty great father son bonding moment, and it’s finally fixed!
After our swamp cooler broke last night, I listened as Brooke read a bedtime story to our kids. As she took a break from the story, my four-year-old asked her, “Why doesn’t Daddy live with us?” Brooke explained to her that I just had a very busy week with the new principal job, and I still lived with them. That broke my heart. 💔
After I got the swamp cooler fixed, I sat down and reflected on today’s events and realized it couldn’t have been planned any better. If the swamp cooler didn’t break, I probably would have worked another 12+ hour day and gone another day not spending much time with my family. Instead, I got to spend all day with them making memories laughing, traveling, shopping, looking for animals, fixing stuff with my son, and just being together. I was upset when it broke, but I’m so glad it did!
Thank you God for giving me today!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.